Samsung’s always had a penchant for beautiful software design and the Galaxy S III’s may be the most aesthetically in-tune update yet.
One of the most notable features of TouchWiz’s brand new Nature UI is the dandelion live wallpaper and water droplet effect seen when unlocking the screen. Even if you don’t have a Galaxy S III, you can still get this neat effect on your smartphone!
Unlike the Galaxy S II wind farm live wallpaper we showed you guys last year, you won’t have to sideload the .apk. Simply head over to Google Play and download Galaxy S3 Dandelion LWP. Once you’ve installed the app, set the wallpaper as you normally would by long-pressing your homescreen or hiting the menu key. If you select the LWP using the app interface, you can edit numerous settings:
Here’s a quick explanation of all the features:
- Flying Seed: Toggles the floating seeds from the dandelion
- Quantity: Change the number of flying seeds
- Speed: Velocity at which the flying seeds float across the screen
- Rotation: Toggle whether or not the flying seeds rotate as they float
- Touch: Toggle the ability to’touch the flying seeds (blows them out of the way)
- Scrolling: Toggle whether the wallpaper is stationary or scrolls with your homescreen
- Water Droplet: Toggle water droplet effect when tapping the screen
- Sound: Toggle water droplet sound effect
To save batteries, I would recommend using only 1 or 2 dynamic effects, rather than turning them all on. For more helpful tips and tricks, check out our Galaxy S II Tip Archive.