If you’ve wanted to use your Mango Phone as a quick drag-and-drop storage device, you may have noticed that it does not show up in the windows explorer. Here’s a simple guide on how to change that.
1. First you want to hit the start button + R and typing “regedit.exe”
2. Next, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB , hit Ctrl + F and search for “zunedriver”
3. Now that you are in the correct directory, we are going to edit 3 keys:
- Change ShowInShell from 0 to 1
- Change PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell from 1 to 0
- Change EnableLegacySupport from 0 to 1
Now hook up your phone and it should appear as a portable media device–drag and drop files to your desire! Take note that these files cannot be accessed directly from within the device.