Tip: Install a charm on your Galaxy S II lanyard loop

Posted on Nov 23 2011 - 3:12pm by Brian

The international version of the Samsung Galaxy S II has a nifty little feature that you might not have known about. That little hole in the top left of your phone is an attachment point for lanyards and phone charms!

Installing your phone charm is quite simple. All you need are your Galaxy S II, the phone charm, and a paperclip (or anything thin and rigid for that matter).

1. Remove the battery cover and insert the end of the charm into the lanyard loop cavity:

2. Pull the charm loop through using a paper clip:

3. Push the loop down and around the post in the cavity:

4. Make sure the charm’s loop is seated firmly at the base of the post so that it may not come loose:

5. Replace the battery cover an enjoy!

To remove the charm, reverse the process–when trying to pull the loop off from the base of the post, trying pushing the loop through from the outside to add extra slack.

For more tips and tricks, check out our Galaxy S II tips, how to and review archive.

1. Georgia Volkmer October 9, 2014 at 1:34 am -

This was fantastic! Thank you I now have my cute deer charm from Japan securely attached to my Samsung 🙂

2. icysamur August 21, 2012 at 7:06 pm -

My lanyard keeps coming off from the base and the phone keeps falling, even though I make sure it’s nicely looped across the little plastic thingy.

I end up tying the phone and taking the thread out of the battery cover lid instead, which looks really ugly! Not sure how to make it work. 🙁

3. Cherry August 15, 2012 at 2:16 am -

Hi~
    Just wondering if the Samsung galaxy sI (i9000) has one of these charm holes? I can’t seem to locate one 🙁

Thank you!

4. Brian June 8, 2012 at 10:14 am -

Unfortunately yes, only the international version has a lanyard loop as far as I know

5. Abraham June 7, 2012 at 12:20 pm -

Does this apply only to the international version?

6. Brian April 25, 2012 at 3:33 pm -

Glad to have helped! Let us know if you have any more device questions!

7. crisel April 25, 2012 at 12:43 pm -

Thanks for this. This was helpful to answer my question if the phone has a charm hole. Nice pictures too! 🙂

You must be logged in to post a comment.