Kies Air is Samsung’s native Wifi based syncing application for the Galaxy S line of phones that allows you to manage your phone from your computer’s desktop.
If you read our review of the Free PowerPoint Remote for Android, you will be familiar with the Galaxy S’ ability to interface with a computer utilizing a shared WiFi network. Samsung’s Kies Air works on the same principle, but this time the computer will be controlling the phone’s contents.
Once connected, you can access your phone’s contacts, messages, call logs and media as well as send texts via computer, all without having to download anything on your computer. You simply type in the IP that Kies gives you into your computer’s browser and the Kies Air manager will load. Here are the step-by-step instructions so you can give it a try yourself:
Installing Kies Air:
1. Download KiesAir.apk and move it to your phone’s SD card
2. Goto your application settings and enable installation of non-Market applications:
3. Now go to ‘My Files’ and browse to the directory where you saved the .apk. Run the installation.
Running Kies Air:
1. Select the application from the app drawer and click start.
2. Enter the URL from the application into your web browser and hit enter:
3. Your phone will prompt you to allow access at which point Kies Air will be fully functional.
From this point you can open and edit most of the data and files on your phone; check out our video of the browser’s interface:
If you guys have any questions or comments about the application, comment us below!