How to run your app on an actual Wave device
1. Installing the device driver for Wave
– First, set your target device to the debug mode by selecting Settings > Connectivity > USB > USB debugging.
- Unzip S8500-Driver-V5_02_0_0.zip to any folder you want. The zip file is located in <YOUR_BADA_SDK_HOME>\Tools.
- Connect your device to a computer with a micro-USB cable.
- Select the driver folder when the driver location is asked.
Three device drivers will be installed.
1. SAMSUNG USB Composite Device V2
2. Samsung Mobile Modem Diagnostic Serial Port V2 (WDM)
3. Samsung Mobile Modem in V2
2. Installing the Test Root Certificate
– set your target device to Mass storage mode by selecting Settings > Connectivity > USB > Mass storage.
– Connect the device to the computer, then you can browse the folders in the removable disk. If you have a micro SD card in your device, you will see two removable disk. In this case, choose the first one.
– Copy the certificate file (<YOUR_BADA_SDK_HOME>\Tools\sbuild\rootCACert.cer) to the folder (<Removable Disk>\Others).
– Disconnect your device and run “My files” app and navigate to the folder you copied the certificate file. If you have a micro SD card in your device, choose Phone > Others
– Tap the certificate file to install and choose the install button on the confirmation pop-up. Then, you will see a pop-up with “Installed”.
– After the installation, you have to switch back to the debug mode by selecting Settings > Connectivity > USB > USB debugging.
3. Run your app on your device
– Now you can run or debug your application on an actual device. Open your IDE and project.
– Use the menu ( Run > Run As > 2 Bada Target Application or Run > Debug As > 2 Bada Target Application )
Enjoy your app programming on your actual device.