What you can do with Samsung Kies [UPDATED AGAIN]

Posted on Jul 29 2010 - 2:21pm by Hansoo

**UPDATE: Please see our Ultimate End All guide to fixing all Bada/Android issues with Kies software

Samsung kies is a desktop application that help to manage your contents such as photo, music, app, and contacts in your PC and mobile phone. You may understand it is a similar application as iTune. I like the concept and such a application, but it is not stable enough so far according to my experience and our readers opinion. Version of this is just  1.5.1 for now, there are a lot of room for improving, I hope.

It is our previous article : Samsung Kies: Access Samsung App Store on PC

What you can do with Samsung Kies

• Back up & restore your contacts/schedule between PC and Samsung Smartphones.
  • Download or buy applications if you are using bada or Windows Mobile phone. (not Android phone. Such as Galaxy S)
  • Move files such as photo, MP3, video between PC and Samsung Smartphones.
  • Convert video format for mobile phone
  • Disc Ripping & tethering

Download @Samsung AppStore

Note : If you have a trouble with detecting your phone, reinstall USB driver (SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones(v1.2.910.13142).exe)

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JOJgFBiQJM&feature=player_embedded

1. code psn September 3, 2014 at 9:34 am -

What a data of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious familiarity on the topic of unpredicted feelings.

2. Mahesh Borse July 15, 2014 at 5:45 am -

hi, my phone samsung galaxy grand neo is not connecting with my laptop.

3. buy Vimax tablets UK May 31, 2014 at 6:56 pm -

Very good article. I definitely love this site.
    Continue the good work!

4. Chassidy February 22, 2014 at 3:57 am -

I am actually thankful to the holder of this web site who has shared this enormous paragraph
    at at this time.

5. quick workouts to lose weight fast January 10, 2014 at 2:47 am -

Straighten legs and go back to the regular position and then repeat the step.
    Thus, one should choose to eat healthy and choose to be healthy.

You could tone your upper legs whilst you run errands, drive around, and perhaps whilst you work at the office.

6. Noel December 27, 2013 at 10:20 pm -

I have a Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 and after downloading Kies three times and getting info from Samsung on how to fix my problem, all of these have failed. I can open Kies but as soon as I connect the phone I receive this message *Kies has stopped working* this has been very annoying and I am hoping you can solve my problem. Thanks…

7. ?? ??? ???? December 27, 2013 at 2:55 am -

I’m really inspired together with your writing skills as smartly as with
    the layout on your blog. Is that this a paid theme or
    did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see
    a great blog like this one today..

8. Discover More October 17, 2013 at 11:36 pm -

You have amazing thing right.

9. Paul September 11, 2013 at 3:51 am -

Trouble connecting a Samsung device to Kies? Try this: set USB mode to KIES(wirelless and network>usb mode>kies). Worked for me. Good luck!

10. Doris August 3, 2012 at 6:54 pm -

I am still having difficulty getting the new version of Kies to work with my Galaxy 5 (Europa). I have uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled it again. I have also uninstalled the USB drivers and reinstalled them again and all of the other advice but I still cannot get the file to open. I get an error box which asks if I would like to report to Samsung, or execute the program anyway – neither works. I have to use task mgr. to close it. I am using Windows XP Pro.

11. Natesan Ramaswamy July 31, 2012 at 8:32 am -

I recently purchased a Samsung GT-S5322. They can’t even provide a proper user manual. Everything is hanging question. We can’t go on computer to their website for each and everything. Any way even website is not clear. We can’t go on contact their customer care. We have to research and find out one by one. I feel I made a mistake in buying this mobile. Any comments welcome.

12. geecko July 25, 2012 at 7:17 am -

I have Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and Keis does not work for me (Windows 7 Home premium)

13. nandkishor shaha June 17, 2012 at 3:35 am -

hi i have use GT-B7722 PHONE with samsung kies, is not working in window xp.can i remove this problem.kindly give me a solution for my problem..can i use the samsung kies in window xp..if yes then how?

14. Jordan May 19, 2012 at 2:52 am -

I tried to sync my 2010 Outlook with latest version KIES, on laptop running windows 7. My phone is a Galaxy S2 running Android 4.0 (Icream Sandwich). The damn thing doesn’t sync. I reloaded KIES and reset the phone to factory default (as advised by Samsung support) and still nothing. I told them that it seems there are a lot of people having this problem but they insisted that KIES and Outlook sync without a problem. What a load of rubbish!

15. luis May 8, 2012 at 1:44 pm -

I install de new version of samsung kies and Android OS 4.0.1 know its imposible to connect my samsung galaxy s2 to kies. Why?

16. john May 1, 2012 at 9:18 am -

need help, i recently install the kies but does not open no respond though i have upgraded the usb drive and numerous trial to get it open, can somebody help me will really much appreciate the help.

17. Brijesh April 11, 2012 at 7:23 pm -

I can’t able to connect my Samsung GT S5222 to kies 1.1.3.
    It shows message like “The phone is not supported by Kies”.
    Then I had downloaded latesr kies 2.3 released by 09-04-’12.
    It successfully shows the phone in kies but there is not any option to connect the internet.
    What to do?

18. Carlos February 21, 2012 at 8:07 am -

I install de new version of samsung kies and know its imposible to conect my samsung galaxy ace i tried to re install the software the usb driver and nothing Also I have windosws vista and in your instructions theres no information about how to connect via wifi only windows xp and windows 7

19. Prabhu December 13, 2011 at 12:52 am -

Frustrating !!! You buy a new device and doesnt even work :((

Unable to connect the device to Kies ( unsupported device alert !! , device not supported by version 2.0)

Tried troubleshooting connection , after a number of re-tries of re-installing drivers , i’ve given up !! – Samsung need to do a better job !!
    Kies : Version 2.0
    Device Details:
    Model Number: GT-I9003
    Firmware Version: 2.2.1
    Baseband Version: I9003DDKA5
    Kernal Version: 2.6.32.9 (root@SE-S605 #1)
    Build number: FROYO.DDKB2

My Machine OS: – Windows 7 professional !

20. Ilija November 30, 2011 at 2:49 pm -

Hey guys,I’m having truble connecting my Samsung Galaxy Ace to NPC (Samsung New Pc Studio). I found other ways to transfer data from phone to PC useing USB storage,but I would like to use the NPS software. I’ve done some research and I saw that for instance the galaxy ace has some USB settings like ”Samsung Kies”. I don’t have that.
    Here is what I have in settings:
    Settings>Applications>Unknown sources,Menage apps,running Apps,Development,Samsung Apps.
    The only litle settings I have is in the Development: **USB debuging**,Stay awake,Allow mock locations.

I don’t know what to do!
    Please E-mail me a soon as you can.

21. Ilija November 30, 2011 at 2:47 pm -

Here is what I have in settings:

22. APO November 19, 2011 at 10:13 pm -

My Samsung Ace cannot sync with Windows XP – what to do? tried new drivers & uninstall/reinstall, etc. NOT cool. to have such 2nd grade software in this day-and-age. My BB never gave this much hassle.

23. Sosoi Ion-Lucian November 10, 2011 at 3:33 pm -

Model Number: GT-I9000
    Firmware Version: 2.3.4
    Baseband Version: I9000XXJVQ
    Kernal Version: 2.6.35.7 (root@DELL123 #2)
    Build number: GINGERBREAD.XFJV7

I installed kies one weeks back and it was working perfectly fine. But now Kies don’t work any more, my PC do not reconize it.

24. zelda October 9, 2011 at 6:56 am -

what to do if galaxy 2 not connecting or reconized

25. Anu G October 1, 2011 at 9:29 am -

I have Samsung Monte S5620. I use Windows 7 on my computer. I installed kies few weeks back and it was working perfectly fine.I always use USB cable to connect my phone to PC. Now my kies displays on the right hand side of it’s window “Connecting device.. Please wait” but it’s not getting installed properly and i’m on able to view my messages on the phone through kies.

26. Claudia September 17, 2011 at 2:39 pm -

Hi Dear, I am having problem with my Samsung Mobile, it does not open nothing and does not give even signal when I put the usb in the computer, is there any page to download a program to fix it?

27. Capt P.N.RAJU September 12, 2011 at 6:38 am -

Dear sir,
    I have some proble with mobile GT-B7510 to connect my mobile to PC Kindly send the procedure on my mail

28. sudheer September 4, 2011 at 9:07 am -

hi
    I brought a samsung wave 525.but kies software doesn’t installed correctly and doesn’t update kies.how can i update ? what is the solution?

29. suji September 2, 2011 at 10:49 pm -

How to Convert video format for mobile phone SAMSUNG S5620 using samsung kies..

30. selva August 20, 2011 at 11:46 pm -

While upgrading my galaxy SL firmware, through kies i am getting an unknown error(3% loaded). I had tried several times but i couldn,t upgrade. pls give me a solution……

31. m.bougriyen August 5, 2011 at 4:31 pm -

adfrt

32. Ramu Vutukuri June 25, 2011 at 10:50 am -

kies is waste software, not supporting, it is taking hours of time to update, i think samsung is planning to sell updated kies online,

33. Achu Menon June 9, 2011 at 3:56 am -

Hi,

I have a “Samsung Galaxy – GT-I9003” which was purchased 2months back.
    The Android version and Full Details of the Mobile is as below:-
    ———————————————————————————————————————————–
    Model Number: GT-I9003
    Firmware Version: 2.2.1
    Baseband Version: I9003DDKA5
    Kernal Version: 2.6.32.9 (root@SE-S605 #1)
    Build number: FROYO.DDKB2

My Machine OS: – Windows 7 professional (64-bit Operating System), with 4GB RAM.
    ———————————————————————————————————————————–

Unfortunately, since the day i have bought this mobile handset, I have never been able to sync it with my Laptop nor Desktop.
    It give me Device Not Recognized Error. Screen shot of the same is attached with this email.!

Regards,
    Achu Menon

34. obaid May 20, 2011 at 12:41 am -

35. obaid May 20, 2011 at 12:40 am -

please help me …from a week ago whenever i connect my wave533 with kies n go in samsung app n download a app but when i try to click on install it appears no device is connected ..but device is connected n kies shows it but not install a app….please rep .how i fix it

36. Thomas May 2, 2011 at 5:17 pm -

yeah right, everybody is on error damn webside you don’t have meet this side

37. T.IQBAL April 3, 2011 at 4:04 am -

Launcher of samsung kies is a man without common-sense.For network connection APN & dial no. have been given permanently.For BSNL, the APN has been given permanently(u can not change it anyhow)- http://www.e.po which is apn for postpaid connectio while 99% users of any network r prepaid ones.The present APN of BSNL is bsnlnet.Time to time apn may be changed.Dial up no. is also wrong while correct no. is *99#.Hence; BSNL customers can not connect their samsung mobiles with pc or laptops for network connection. In spite of this blunder;samsung is ready to sell updated kies online.I have kies cd with my samsung monte facing the problem.

38. rahul March 7, 2011 at 6:42 pm -

hi
    myxx phone galaxy 5 .
    my kies 1.5.1 and update kies 2.0
    plz cannect pc internet.

39. dermot coleman March 6, 2011 at 4:39 am -

kies is tlling me nit enough memoeroy when sending music to a gt-c3300k samsung phone please help

40. BT February 9, 2011 at 8:01 am -

hi samsung kies is not working in window xp.can i remove this problem.kindly give me a solution for my problem..can i use the samsung kies in window xp..if yes then how?

41. Kelvin John Holton January 10, 2011 at 12:44 pm -

Hi
    Ok so I have tried all the help i could find about the command prompt and registering the .dll file and it is still not working. I am running windows 7 64bit, please could anyone help me with this problem. And the phone is a samsung wave.

42. Kelvin John Holton January 10, 2011 at 11:57 am -

Hi
    I have the same problem with the samsung wave and the software, it struggles to connect the phone and update it. And why is it blurry?

43. harold san pedro September 10, 2010 at 2:39 pm -

i bought a samsung wave here in france nd my problem is samsung kies is recognizing the mobile phone and i coudn’t open the samsung apps within the kies. it was always asking for updates and if i choose no the kies will close automatically.

with regards to usb connection its always asking for MTN usb device which i dont know wherte to get or download

44. hansoo August 23, 2010 at 5:16 pm -

@sniper,
    I have the same environment, Win 7 and Omnina II, but it is working perfectly.
    Would you check if USB connection is turned on? No luck, sometimes re-installation is an alternative.

45. sniper August 1, 2010 at 5:41 pm -

Samsung Kies doesn’t work with Samsung Omnia II on Windows 7 32 bits

46. ramesh July 31, 2010 at 12:54 am -

im gettng msc-thunder error in kies.. tel me how to rectify

47. ramesh July 31, 2010 at 12:53 am -

im getting msc-thunder error. how to rectify

You must be logged in to post a comment.