If you are interested in developing bada app, check back here at CareAce for more updates or follow us on Twitter @CareAce.
What is Bada?
â€œBada, (bada, the Korean word for â€œoceanâ€,) is a new smartphone platform that allows developers to create feature-rich applications that elevate the user experience in mobile spaces.
Bada has a four-layer architecture: kernel, device, service and framework layers.
The kernel layer:Â the Linux kernel or a real-time OS kernel, depending on the hardware configuration.
The device layer: the core functions as a device platform, such as system and security management, graphics and windowing system, data protocols and telephony, as well as audio-visual and multimedia management.
The service layer: Service-centric functions that are provided by application engines and web-service components interconnecting with bada Server.
The framework layer:Â Export the C++ open API. The framework consists of an application framework and functions exported by the underlying layers.
Bada application developers should be focusing on the framework layer. And that the development language will be C++.
Letâ€™s look over the development environment. To get started with developing applications, install the bada Software Development Kit (SDK) and Integrated Development Environment (IDE). The IDE package contains an Eclipse-based IDE.
You can find both of the bada development tools here. Registration required.
Installing the bada SDK
- Download the latest SDK package.Â If you have already installed the SDK and are now upgrading to a newer version, first uninstall the previous version.
- Run the SDK installation executable, automatically started and installed.
- Check your installed folder , â€œC:\Bada\SDKâ€
- Download file size : 330MB
Installing the bada IDE
- Download the latest IDE package and run the IDE installation executable,
- The IDE is now installed on your computer. When you start the IDE, you are prompted to define the path for the IDE workspace. The default location is in the folder where the IDE is installed.
- Check your installed folder , â€œC:\Bada\IDEâ€
- DownloadÂ file sizeÂ : 140MB
Generating a New Application Profile
Before actually starting to develop your mobile application, you need to make some initial preparations and define some basic information for your application. Go toÂ My Applications to register your application. Now, you can only see step1. Generate your application profile. The other steps like â€œRequest a certification..â€ will be available later.
Now, youâ€™re ready to start actual development with the bada platform.
Check back for more updates on our experiences with the Samsung bada platform or follow up on Twitter @CareAce.