Samsung has announced (as we have previously mentioned) to launch theirÂ own application store into other European countries besides the UK by tomorrow. As a Samsung WinMo support site, we’re excited to see the various pieces of the application development tools come together. And for that, we have tried to upload one of our freeware onto the store. We’re here to share with you our experience throughout the process.
We have tried to enroll the Bluetooth Icon notifier as freeware.
Note: Click on image to enlarge and click to close.
- The pre-requisite for uploading your application is to first register with both the Samsung Innovator and the Application Store.
- For the Application Store’s registration, you can either register as a Private Seller or as a Corporate Seller (we chose Corporate)
[singlepic id=8 w=320 h=240 float=]
- You will need to enter some basic information such as Email, Name, etc. On top of which is the ‘Seller Registration Fee‘ of US$1.
[singlepic id=9 w=320 h=240 float=]
- Once you have successfully registered, you may now add your application to be approved.
[singlepic id=10 w=320 h=240 float=]
[singlepic id=11 w=320 h=240 float=]
The uploaded application, once approved will be distributed to 22 countries on top of France, Italy and UK where they are already available for sale. There are some parts in the process that we didn’t really like, including:
- Upload exact image size request (135X135 for icon and 400X302 for screenshot) otherwise the image will be stretched out.
- You have to upload exact 4 images, no more, no less
- There is no option for you to upload videos
- Since there is no support for HTML, you have to use text for descriptionis and such
- Once you are done by uploading, you will be brought to the â€˜Approval Statusâ€™ screen.
[singlepic id=12 w=320 h=240 float=]
The application that we have uploaded is currently under Pre-test status. It will take 3 more steps before it will be approved for launch. At this stage, we can’t determine if the process will be a hassle in the end.
- The next time you login, you will be able to access a quick overview of your earnings through the dashboard.
[singlepic id=13 w=320 h=240 float=]
In conclusion, the process is relatively easy so far without much server-side issue. Only time will time whether it is truly reliable and durable. In the meantime, presuming that it works, the Application Store is definitely a great way to expose your application to a wider range of audience.
15 hour later, the application Approval status has been changed from Pre-test to Content Review.
1. Here is the email that I received for the status changing notification.
2. If you go to the seller office, you may find that the status has been changed as well.
After one and half weeks since we first submitted the application, the Approval status has passed Pre-test, Content Review and finally confirmation (skipping Device Test). Check out the screenshot below (click on enlarge):